North Point Lighthouse (2650 N. Wahl Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53211)
A lighthouse stood here in 1855, but had to be replaced, due to being too close to the bluff overlooking Lake Michigan. Rebuilt in 1888 as a cast iron lighthouse, but the tower wasn’t tall enough and was placed on top of a steel structure in 1912 raising its height to 74 feet and light focal plane to 154 feet.
The first lantern burned mineral oil. A new lens that was installed in 1868, is still in use today.