Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 22, 2011

Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum

Ever since I visited the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum a few years ago, and the Harley-Davidson Museum just a few weeks ago, I've been wanting to check out a state of the art museum. So, when me and my wife made plans to visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville, Tennessee, I was deeply excited to check it out.

I'm no country music lover, but to see the history of a music art/culture is truly worth the experience.


The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum's new digs has been around for a few years now, and has major plans for an expansion in the future. I'm looking forward to heading back once they do expand, because the archives/library takes up a lot of room and so there are two small floors to look at all the memorabilia and listen/watch a bunch of videos and music through the ages.

Here's some pictures I took while going through the museum.......

Minnie Pearl's outfit - with the price tag on her hat still!
Roy Rogers display case





Elvis Presley's 1960 "Solid Gold Cadillac"


Hank Williams, Jr's "Monday Night Football" outfit

Hank Williams Jr

Part of the Williams Family Collection Exhibit - including the bear!

This is as close as I'm ever gonna get to a Grammy Award (The Judd's to be exact)

Dwight Yoakum outfit - a co-worker has rambled off his name a few times, so I took this

Taylor Swift guitar and dress


Johnny Cash's straight black guitar from the early 2000s



Country Music Hall of Fame Atrium






Painting that was the centerpiece of the Hall of Fame atrium

No comments:

Post a Comment